WHO PROTOCOL FOR FOLLOW-UP
WHO protocol / recommendations for evaluating diabetic complication. Ideally all diabetics should religiously follow this.
- HbA1c to be done once in 2 – 3 months.
- Annual evaluation of the following:-
- Fasting Lipid profile
- Liver function tests.
- Test for urine albumin excretion with spot urine albumin/Creatinine ratio.
- Serum Creatinine and calculated GFR.
- Thyroid profile.
- Dilated fundus examination.
- Dental examination.
- Foot examination, including screening for neuropathy.
- Cardiac evaluation.