METHI ROTI (RENAL DIABETIC RECIPE)
Methi is very healthy, it is a green leafy vegetable known for its unusual taste and flavor. Methi rotis are most liked out of many other methi recipes as it is colorful and attractive.
Makes 6-8 rotis, Preparation time: 45 minutes, Cooking time: 20 minutes.
- 1 cup of methi leaves cleaned and chopped
- ½ tsp ginger finely chopped
- ½ tsp garlic finely chopped
- ½ tsp green chilli finely chopped
- ½ tsp jeera seeds
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1 tbsp oil
How to make
- Soak all ingredients except wheat flour and turmeric powder in water for half hour and drain water.
- Blend the soaked ingredients in mixer till it forms a smooth paste.
- Mix this paste with wheat flour to make stiff dough using ½ cup water. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Take one portion of the dough and roll into a roti of 5” diameter using little wheat flour.
- Cook on tava on both sides using oil.
- Repeat the same procedure for making remaining rotis.
- Serve hot with curds.
Tip: Can grind same ingredients in the recipe. Mix with 2 cups of cooked basmati rice and cook for 10 minutes to make methi pulao.
For 1 serving (2 rotis):
|256.8 kcal||44.5 gm||8.4 gm||5 gm