BITTER TRUTHS ABOUT DIABETES
- Every minute 6 people die because of complications related to diabetes, that is every 10 seconds 1 person dies due to diabetes.
- Every 5 seconds 1 person develops diabetes.
- Every 30 seconds a limb is lost due to diabetes.
- It affects 7% of the world’s adult population and more than half of the people are aged between 20 and 60 years of age.
- Every 5th diabetic is an Indian.
The budget allocated for diabetics will reach only 9.6% of diabetic population. That means another 90.4% of diabetics are deprived of the facility.